VOLUME2VOLUME LTD ("we", "us", "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Volume2volume Ltd of The Cottages, Regent Road, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 1RX.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Emma Clarke.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.volume2volume.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
· if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
· details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
· estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
· store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
· speed up your searches;
· recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways to:
· ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· if Volume2volume Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Information about us
www.volume2volume.com is a website operated by Volume2volume Ltd ("We", "us", "our"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08270346 and have our registered office at The Cottages, Regent Road, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 1RX.
Accessing our website
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
[From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.]
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may use our website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
· in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
· in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
· for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
· to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below;
· to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
You also agree not to:
· access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our website, any equipment or network on which our website is stored, any software used in the provision of our website, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal non-commercial use on the following basis:
· the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way must not be modified;
· any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics shall not be used separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our website changes regularly
We aim to update our website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
· all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
· any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
· loss of income or revenue;
· loss of business;
· loss of profits or contracts;
· loss of anticipated savings;
· loss of data;
· loss of goodwill;
· wasted management or office time; and
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our website
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links to and from our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
Any links to other websites and resources provided by third parties are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Breach of our terms
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our terms through your use of our website. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these terms constitutes a material breach upon which you are permitted to use our website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
· immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website;
· issue of a warning to you;
· legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
· further legal action against you;
· disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our website, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our website.